- How do I enable the Allma // PagerDuty integration?
- How does the Allma // PagerDuty integration work?
- What can I customize with the Allma // PagerDuty integration?
- Can I see Allma Incidents in PagerDuty?
- Do my PagerDuty alerts show up in Allma's Incident channels?
- How can I declare an Allma Incident straight from a PagerDuty alert?
How do I enable the Allma // PagerDuty integration?
You can enable the PagerDuty integrations in our onboarding flow during install, or any time afterward by following these steps:
- Navigate to our Integrations Page by clicking the following icon on the sidebar:
- You should see our PagerDuty card, with a grey "disabled" toggle:
- By clicking on the toggle, you'll be redirected to PagerDuty to authorize Allma to access your account. You should see a screen a button for every PagerDuty account you're currently authenticated against, like so:
- Note: At this time, Allma can only be integrated with a single PagerDuty account, so select the one you intend to use to manage incidents with.
- Once selected, you'll be redirected to a subsequent screen in order to complete the authorization:
- Once authorized, you will be redirected back to Allma, where you should see that the Integration Card now displaying a green enabled status.
- If you want to verify that the integration is working from PagerDuty, navigate to any of your services and select Extensions. You should see a Generic V2 Webhook registered with the name Allma, like so:
How does the Allma // PagerDuty integration work?
Allma // PagerDuty integration enhances PD's paging functionality by bringing paging directly into Slack. This means you're now able to see all your alerts declare them as incidents, as well as page team members onto existing incidents. All from Slack.
- When an alert for a PagerDuty service fires off, Allma receives a Webhook from PagerDuty, and responds by placing a note on the alert in their system. For example, an alert entitled "[#44] Example Problem" would advise like so:
- When you create an Allma Incident, any active acknowledged/unacknowledged PagerDuty alerts will be selectable to attach.
- Upon creation of the incident, all of those alerts will be automatically Acknowledged if they aren’t already and then Snoozed which keeps them silent until resolved or 7d elapses. This status will reflect anywhere that you have already integrated PD alerts.
- Upon resolving the Allma Incident, all of those alerts will automatically be Resolved in PagerDuty. This status will reflect anywhere that you have already integrated PagerDuty alerts.
- When updates are made to a PagerDuty alert that is connected to an Allma Incident, those changes are reflected in the Allma timeline (both in Slack and in our web app).
What can I customize with the Allma // PagerDuty integration?
- You can decide whether or not to show updates for any alerts bound to an incident in the incident channel.
- You can decide whether or not to display newly triggered alerts in the incident channel.
Can I see Allma Incidents in PagerDuty?
Yes, Allma will link to an Incident channel within Pagerduty so that team members can easily see where the action is happening.
Do my PagerDuty alerts show up in Allma's Incident channels?
Yes, PagerDuty alerts show up in Allma's Incident channels (although you can always customize this feature so they do not show up). Allma intercepts PagerDuty alerts and drops them into your active incident channel so you can quickly get context on your PagerDuty alerts and take ownership over related alerts and bind them to the incident.
How can I declare an Allma Incident straight from a PagerDuty alert?
When you see an incoming PagerDuty alert into slack, you can execute the slash command
/allma new from anywhere in your workspace. In the modal you will see an alerts dropdown where you will find all active PagerDuty alerts.